Phone call with a customer before the survey
One of the facts for having a successful live video survey with a customer is to have a phone call with them prior to the event. In this phone call you should make sure to go through some points with them:
- Check the scheduled time for the survey
Check equipment for the survey
- Check the scheduled time for your live video survey with your customer. Instruct them that you will send the link to them in order to join the live video survey.
Send text message or email
- Remember to check with your customer they have adequate equipment and stable internet connection.
- For Apple devices, any operating system of 9.0 and above will work fine
- For Android, any device that came out from 2012 and on will work fine
- Check out related articles on how to connect to a customer:
- Always check with your customer how they prefer to receive the invitation link: by text message or by email? This gives you the opportunity to double-check the customer's contact information.
NOTE: The type of device that will be used by the customer will determine the course of instruction of how they will be able to join live video survey. For more information see articles:
NOTE: there is a workaround if your customer doesn't have a stable internet connection and you can look it up Connectivity Issues article.
Once you connect, there are a few things to remember. In short, they are shown in the following list. For more, find Cheat sheet that will help you walk through your survey easily.
- Recording of the survey
Positioning camera horizontally
- Once successfully connected with the customer, notify them that the session will be recorded for accuracy and inventory purposes.
Flip camera on back camera recording
- Instruct your customer to place their device in the horizontal position so it will show a nice wide picture.
Toggle my camera
- Your customer should use the button on their screen to flip onto their back camera, which will allow you to see what they see.
- Once the customer has started the tour around their home, you should toggle your video off. If you do so, once you start editing the video, you will be able to see only the customer's side of the video, which means you will have a nice clear view of the items that need to be moved. Tell your customer that you will disappear from their screen for a better view, but you will still be there just using audio.
Related article: Walk your customer through the steps of getting connected
You can jump into a new survey by clicking Survey button on the main navigation bar. However, if you know which group survey should be added to, it's easier to start the survey by clicking Survey button within a specific group. Once you are in the ...
How to connect if customer is using Android device?
Once you are on the phone with the customer and they have confirmed they will be using an Android phone or tablet, you will need to check how the customer wants to receive the invitation (via text message/email). While still on the phone, advise them ...
What confirmation does my customer receive after scheduling a Live Video Survey?
After your customer uses a calendar (through the widget on your site, for example), they will be receiving the following email confirmation from you: “Dear ________, Thank you for scheduling a Video Consultation with us. We will be contacting you ...
The customer forgets their Apple ID and/or password
During the pre-survey phone call, if the customer realizes that they don’t remember their Apple ID or their password, you should suggest that they use some other device for the survey, if possible. If changing device is not possible, try to help them ...
How to offer a video survey to your customer
Introducing the option: “In order to provide you with an accurate quote, we will need to understand what you have to move. We can either do this by arranging a representative to visit your home during working hours or alternatively if you own a ...