Introducing the option:
“In order to provide you with an accurate quote, we will need to understand what you have to move. We can either do this by arranging a representative to visit your home during working hours or alternatively if you own a smartphone or tablet, we now have a new option for conducting a highly accurate survey with you through video.
This is easy to use and can be conducted at any time of the day or evenings as well as on weekends. Our consultant simply connects with you at the time that is most convenient for you and you simply show them the items that you will be moving. The surveyor then quickly documents an accurate inventory and volume and we are ready to provide a quote.
Would you prefer a representative to visit you or is a quick video survey appealing to you?”
If the client has no reservations:
“Great! I have just a couple of questions:
- What type of smartphone or tablet do you own, that you would you like to use during the Virtual Survey?
- Do you have WiFi at your residence or a cellular connection of 3G or better?”
- If their smartphone or tablet is outdated by 4 years or more, you should inquire if they have access to a newer device.
- For Apple devices, any operating system of 10.0 and above will work fine
- For Android, any device that came out from 2012 and on will work fine
- If they do not have a quality network connection at their residence (either WiFi or cell), the Virtual Survey can prove challenging. Shyft has an option for a Self-Guided Survey, but this option is best for to clients who are completely comfortable with this.
If the client does have reservations, here are some common objections and responses:
- Objection: “I’m a private person and am not comfortable with my video being recorded.”
- Response: “We do not share your survey with an anyone. Having a recording helps us tremendously in gaining a complete understanding of your requirements. We can also delete your video immediately following completion of the move if you wish.”
- Objection: “Is this video survey really as accurate as an in-home survey?”
- Response: “Absolutely! We have conducted many of these, and have proved as accurate as sending a representative to your home.”
- Objection: ”I’m really clumsy when it comes to technology.”
- Response: “Not to worry, this is incredibly easy to use, and our consultant will provide you with simple step-by-step instructions on how to connect with them at the time of your survey.”
- Objection: “My house is a mess right now!”
- Response: “No problem! One of the benefits of this option is that you don’t need to prepare your home in order to invite a representative inside.”
- Customer: “Will I still receive a quality survey even though I won’t meet my consultant face-to-face?”
- Response: “Of course you will still receive every bit of attention that you would during a traditional In-Home Survey. This option just allows you a more convenient way to connect with your consultant to discuss everything that is of concern to you during your relocation.”
- Objection: “Is my personal information safe from hackers or other misuses?”
- Response: ”We take our client's private data very seriously. We encrypt each video before storing it on a very secure server. Your personal details will not be stored with the video.”